"The only way forward in life is innovation. And innovation born from true creativity, depends on movement. Life after all, is all about motion, whereas stasis is equivalent to death." - Georges St. Pierre
It is said that knowledge is not something to be confined to oneself. Instead it is to be shared as much as possible. IGNUS 2017 gives students a platform to present their research work and projects through this event. Participants are encouraged to formulate ideas for new technologies, suggest innovative solutions to real world challenges and stay abreast with the latest in the fields of science and technology. The event allows them to showcase their innovation and this serves as a platform for some of the brightest minds in the country to exchange new ideas and cutting edge research.
Student taking part in project exhibition event should follow the following rules regarding the event:
1. Project Exhibition is a team event, each team will consist of 2-5 members.
2. After selecting topic for their exhibit, they should submit the abstract regarding their project to the event coordinators.
3. The abstract should contain a detailed description about their project. The candidates can take help of following points to describe their project in the abstract.
Name of team members, IG no., Contact details, College name.
Diagram/image of model, which can be hand drawn or a printed one(softcopy).
Images and description relevant to the topic.
Principle behind the model.
4. The abstract should be submitted before 21th February 2017 on given email ID. The abstract should give us an overview of your project and on the basis of your Points in the abstract candidates will be shortlisted.
5. Selected candidates will be informed via emails, SMS or by personal call.
6. Shortlisted candidates will have to show their final working project during the event.
Important Note: NON functional projects (dummies) will not be entertained at all. Such candidates may be straightly disqualified.
7. Basic requirement i.e electric power supply of 230V AC will be made available to participants as per requirement of project.
8. Participants can even show their already prepared projects but abstract submission in needed.
9. Participants can contact event coordinators for any query related to abstract preparation or project making.
For ease of competition we have broadly selected the following areas, below are just a few examples to guide the participants in case they are unsure whether to send their entries or not. The list is not exhaustive. The choice of the field for sending in the entries depends purely at his/her own discretion. We are open to any idea which holds the key to solving any social problem.
1. Helping the physically challenged: Following are the few problems faced by disabled.
a. Architectural/Infrastructural barriers: Ideas to improvise the existing environment for the physically challenged to be at ease and do their routines with minimum or no support.
b. Information and Communication (IC): Designs/learning methods so that information can be conveyed to disabled in a more efficient manner and conversation becomes easier for such people.
c. Entertainment and Social Interaction: Design models that can entertain and enable them to interactively enjoy sports.
2. Reuse, Reduce and Recycle: Eco-friendly solutions to optimize resource usage.
3. Public Health Care :
a. Data Acquisition: Handy instruments to watch, measure, or monitor your vital signs to check your level of physical functioning.
b. Health Care in Rural Areas: How technology can be leveraged for improving health care in Rural India.
4. Chemical, Computer Science & IT, Electronics , electrical and instrumentation, Mechanical, Science and Engineering, Innovative Design, Perfect Implementation, Greener technology, Rural development.
The abstract sheet must be submitted. The abstract sheet must describe the Idea.
Abstract submission rules:
1. Abstract must contain introduction, working principles, how it is useful to the society, photos of the related working models.
2. The team should also submit the presentation which they intend to use before presentation.
3. No team is allowed to use any material apart from the report and presentation submitted earlier during their presentation.
4. In case of late submission of deliverables then the team is eligible for the following penalties.
a. After an hour to the earlier decided time 10% of the total score obtained shall be
b. After two hours, 30% of the total score shall be deducted.
c. After three hours 50% of the total score shall be deducted.
d. After five hours, the team will be disqualified from that particular event.
5. Candidates can send their abstract to Event Coordinators on given Email IDs.
Stage 2: Presentation and Questionnaires
The teams must present the different aspects of the developed project in relation to the evaluation scheme before the panel of judges at Ignus.
1. Maximum time for the presentation is 10 minutes.
2. After the presentation there is a questionnaire where judges and other participating teams can question.
Time limit for the questionnaire is maximum 5 minutes.
Stage 3: Prototype exhibition
1. A working prototype of the Idea must be shown on the day of the competition. The team must show a live demo of the prototype
IGNUS 2017 brings you a platform to present your research work and idea through this event. Participants are encouraged to formulate ideas for new technologies, suggest innovative solutions to real world challenges and stay abreast with the latest in the fields of science and technology. The event allows them to showcase their innovation and this serves as a platform for some of the brightest minds in the country to exchange new ideas and cutting edge research.
Criteria for judging
Abstracts will be judged on the basis of originality, clarity and feasibility
Presentations will be judged on the ground of
1) The selection of idea, including its innovation, viability and authenticity
2) Successful presentation of idea, both in its oral and written form
3) Research and study of the topic undertaken by the team
Participating teams are requested to submit the soft copy of their abstract latest by February 21, 2017.
Mail a brief abstract detailing the essence of your topic to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for entry
Interested participants are expected to send the abstract for their technical paper presentation complete with the team name along with the name and contact details of the group members to the email address on or before 21st February, 2017.
1) The abstract should not exceed a maximum of 300-400 words.
2) A soft copy of the abstract should be mailed to the given email address.
3) The final technical paper should not exceed 20 pages.
4) Every team is allowed 10 minutes for their complete presentation with an additional 2 to 3 minutes for a detailed q&a session.
5) Papers which do not mention the sourced content either in references or bibliography will be disqualified on the grounds of plagiarism.
6) Every team is allowed a maximum of 4 members and every member must carry a valid id-card of the college they represent.
7) The winner will be decided based on the judges scores adhering to the aforementioned criteria. The decision of the judges will be final and binding.